Monday, March 3, 2014

Pre Op Appointment & Consultation Video

Hi Friends! I had my pre op appointment last Friday. This appointment made it seem VERY real. I have been taking this process seriously, but actually going to this appointment and going through every single detail of what will take place on the day of the surgery made it all real to me! The pre op appointment summarizes everything that you went over in the consultation process. I went over the type of implant, sizing, profile, incision spot, and where she was going to place the implant. Silcone, 375-400ccs, under the breast incision, and under the muscle placement. Most of the pre op appointment is collecting your payment and going over what you can and cant do the night before the surgery and the morning of.

I was told by the surgeon not to eat or drink anything past midnight the night before my surgery. Not even a sip of water! Not to shower with anything but just hot water, no makeup, no perfume, no lotion, and to wear comfy clothes! Basically just brush your teeth, get up, and blast off to the surgeon's office! I will arrive at 7am on Thursday, March 12th. My surgery will be performed at 8:30am. The surgery will be about an hour and a half long. She mentioned that I will be able to leave in the late afternoon if I am feeling well. She gave me prescriptions to fill ahead of time. The prescriptions consisted of an antibiotic and a pain killer.

After I talked to the surgeon, the anesthesiologist came in and asked me questions about my current health and I had to fill out a health questionnaire. She let me know that I would be getting general anesthesia and would be completely asleep while the whole surgery was taking place. Thank goodness! She told me that I would wake up fairly soon after the surgery and I would feel a lot of pressure on my chest and not to be alarmed. She mentioned the pain of course varies from person to person, but generally people are in the most pain the first day or two after the surgery, by the third day people are almost fully functioning and pain free.

I have to admit that I am starting to get very, very, VERY nervous! But I think its completely normal to be nervous of a surgery! I keep having positive thoughts and I am trying not to let my nerves get the best of me! Although I am very nervous I couldn't be more excited! I can't wait to embrace the new me and go out shopping for new tops! : )

If you are interested in watching my consultation video then please click the link below!

Consultation Video

2 comments:

  1. I agree with John Peter, carefully choosing the right surgeon is a must. Thanks for sharing your breast implants videos. This is a great help for others who are planning of undergoing the same procedure as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of implants do allow women to breast feed successfully? What are the different kinds of implants?

    Ashmita

    ReplyDelete