Friday, March 14, 2014

Life After The Surgery

Hello Friends! I had my surgery on March 12th, two days ago! As promised, I am blogging about my experience with the surgery and how I am doing currently. I had to be there at 7am and my actual surgery time was 8:30 am. My boyfriend, Stephan drove me to the surgeons office and stayed there until I was released to go home. When I first got there they made me take a urine sample to make sure I wasn't pregnant. This is typical protocol for everyone just a warning! After that they made me change into one of those oh so pretty hospital gowns lol and made me put on these super tight compression tights on my legs to prevent blood clots.

 I was then hooked up to the machines to get my blood pressure reading and check my vitals. I was given a local and then the big IV needle when into my vein. They fed an antibiotic through my IV and then the anesthesiologist arrived. She asked me a bunch of medical history questions and then I was taken to the OR. I remember the anesthesiologist telling me that I would be falling asleep any minute and to count down from 10. After that I don't remember a thing! I woke up and was shocked that it was all done! The whole procedure only last a little over an hour. I felt a tremendous amount of pressure on my chest, but it was bearable. I also experienced pain, but it was nothing as severe as I thought it would be!

The nurse came in and gave me my first dose of pain killer medicine through my IV which was hydrocodone. After I was able to walk to the bathroom, use the rest room, and eat a little something, I was able to go home. I left the hospital two hours after my surgery ended. I was very happy about that! I don't like sitting in hospitals. I would much rather go home and rest in my own house. When I got home I took another dose of pain killer medicine and ended up falling asleep for several hours. The pain wasn't bad at all! As it started to approach night time, the pain started to increase and get more intense. My wonderful boyfriend, set his alarm every four hours and woke me up to give me my pain medicine throughout the night. You really want to make sure you are ahead of your pain. If you get behind, the pain medicine wont do its job as well as it should.

The following day, which was yesterday March 13th I felt a lot more pain than the pain I felt on surgery day. That has been by far the worst pain day, but still it isn't something that's not bearable. Your chest will feel extremely tight and you will feel very sore! Also you feel a burning sensation where your incision is which is totally normal! I ended up just laying in bed and on the couch sleeping and watching TV all day. I wasn't up to doing anything more than that. The pain again was worse at night than during the day, but it was manageable.

Today, March 14th, I woke up with very similar pain to yesterdays pain, but it has definitely gone down. I feel like each day that goes by from here on out the pain will lessen. I think the worst part is over for sure! Overall, I am extremely happy I got this procedure done and its not as bad as you expect it to be, honestly! I suffer from anxiety and have been diagnosed as having anxiety disorder. I was so worried this surgery was going to cause me to have panic attacks and the pain would be excruciating, but it wasn't bad at all! I haven't had any anxiety after the surgery. I feel great!

I am just very drowsy and feel kind of out of it due to the pain killers. I apologize in advance that the quality of my writing in this post is not up to par but I blame it fully on my pain killers!

She ended up putting 400ccs in both breast. She went under the muscle and with an inframammary incision. 400cc's was the absolute highest amount of cc's I was able to go due to my skin being extremely tight, not having any lose skin, and simply not having the room to go any higher. My surgeon said after a few years when my skin stretches more I will be able to go higher if I would like. Right now I extremely happy with the 400ccs. My surgeon said I will end up measuring around a DD which exceeds my expectations! I knew I wanted to be a D and hearing I will be a DD is amazing! I don't think they are too big for my frame. I think they look just tight.

I went with silicone because more people are using silicone now than saline. Also I like the feel of the silicone better than saline. Silicone feels more real to me. I went under the muscle because there are less risks involved. There is less risk for capsular rupture and under the muscle provides better mammograms.

You will notice that your breast will change every single day. They wont look perfect when you first get them done. They are extremely squished, tight, and rock hard. When you go under the muscle, the muscle is holding on for dear life and pushing your implants back. Over time, the muscle relaxes and your breast will "drop and fluff" which will make them softer and project more. My surgeon says that some women go up as high as 3 cup sizes when they are all done dropping and fluffing!

I cant wait to see what mine look like over time and see how big the are once they drop and fluff!

Thank you all for your loving support and kindness!

ps. sorry again for this sloppy blog posts but I am highly medicated right now! lol
 
 
 
 

13 comments:

  1. I am almost 8 weeks pre-op. I was so scared out of my mind but still super excited. I love my result! Boob Job Recovery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing you experience. it is very useful and informative.
    Breast Implants Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing! I'm scheduled to have a mini lift with augmentation Thursday and I've been super anxious about it. I too suffer from anxiety and have been super anxious about the whole process. This is helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing! I'm scheduled to have a mini lift with augmentation Thursday and I've been super anxious about it. I too suffer from anxiety and have been super anxious about the whole process. This is helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will feel more confident and in yourself feel more beautiful about your looks. And like every women you will feel confident about your outfits. Also after this surgery you noticed that it is beneficial for your personal life and enhance your appearance.

    Breast Implant Surgery

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should have read this before my breast augmentation. Good thing I had good results! I had my augmentation a couple of years ago. 425cc under muscle, incision under breast crease. I haven't posted any vids yet but I might if its possible. Speaking of videos, I watched a lot of vids prior to my surgery and it helped a lot for speedy breast augmentation recovery. I had my breast aug done in Manila. Anyways good luck to all of us here who are planning to get a BA done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing! A lots of improvement in your body after this Breast Implant treatment.You look so Good and young

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!nice article and containing allot of information about the breast augmentation san antonio well done.



    breast augmentation in san antonio

    ReplyDelete


  9. If you are looking for Breast augmentation surgery in India come to MedSpa. Dr. Ajaya Kashyap India's best plastic surgeon help you to make you understand all thing about Breast augmentation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great article with excellent idea!Thank you for such a valuable article. I really appreciate for this great information.. surgeongate.org/michigan-plastic-surgery/michigan-breast-augmentation/

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you want to know about Breast implants maintenance things you should know then, consult Dr. Ajaya Kashyap for Breast Augmentation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank for sharing New Blog, your all blog is informative and i am waiting your new blog, thank again for sharing blog.

    hair transplant in lucknow | gynecomastia surgery cost in lucknow | best plastic surgeon in lucknow

    ReplyDelete